Reinhold C. Widmayer is Senior Editor in Chief at Cigar Journal, the world’s leading cigar magazine. We asked him:
- what are the fastest growing countries in terms of cigar consumption and events
- how consumption changed due to Covid-19
- what he would like to see changing in the premium cigar industry
- what consumers look for in education
- how the top cigars lists and trophies processes work
- how the tasting panel works
- what’s the state of the art for cigar media today
- what his dream interview is and what flavors he looks for in a cigar …
Reinhold C. Widmayer’s journalistic career began in 1979 as a freelancer for German-language newspapers in the US, and later for Austrian media including Die Wochenpresse and Das Wirtschaftsblatt. For ten years he also produced programs for over 60 radio stations around the world. In 1994, Reinhold C. Widmayer devoted himself to all things cigar, publishing technical articles in cigar magazines. He began working for Cigar Journal in 2001 and became editor-in-chief in 2005; under his auspices the journal has established itself as the world’s leading cigar magazine.
Here is the link to the new Cigar Journal digital edition in Spanish.
The Cigar Trophy Award ceremony 2020 will take place on Friday, September 18, 2020 at 11AM Miami | 5PM Berlin | 11PM Hong Kong. The public can follow the ceremony LIVE on www.facebook.com/CigarJournal and Instagram:@cigarjournalmag.
Podcast episode 34, The world’s leading cigar magazine
is brought to you by Cigar Sense.
We exist to serve independent information and we do not sell cigars, nor cigar ads.
If you like this episode, won’t you take a moment and write a short review and rate the show on Apple? We would highly appreciate it!