The Cigar Sense Manifesto summarizes our values and principles. We are honored to serve fine cigar lovers who appreciate what we do and why we do it. We thank our members for their support.
- We don’t sell cigar ads and don’t sell cigars. Because we don’t want our recommendations to potentially become biased based on a profit motive.
- We don’t sell members’ personally identifiable private data to any third parties. Our members’ privacy is a top concern.
- We apply a rigorous testing method to feed our cigar profiles database: for example, we only test blind, multiple samples of each cigar. Our international tasters are trained according to sensory analysis norms.
- We don’t crowd-source data to recommend cigars. We actually don’t believe that the popular “cigar finders” that you encounter on big e-commerce sites are useful to informed consumers.
- We don’t rate cigars, because we believe that generic scores cannot tell consumers whether they will like the scored cigar.
- We measure ourselves by how much our Members like our recommended cigars
Being a member-supported business maintains the independence of our cigar evaluations.
We are dedicated to the premium cigar consumers and respect all other roles in the industry.