Year end is approaching and Cigar Sense is planning to publish their 2019 list of top brands and cigars to recognize those brands that best meet consumers’ liking.
Let your voice be heard! We have a contest this year for the premium members who cast their votes!
Here is the contest prize:
A $100 coupon to spend at a select retailer. We will randomly select a winner in early December.
Here is what you need to do to qualify for the contest prize:
- It’s super-easy – simply log-in to cigarsense.com (you can also create a free account and, if you like it, upgrade!) and enter a quick-rate or a tasting note for the cigars you’ve enjoyed smoking. You can click on the little microscope icon that you can see on the right of every cigar name from
- your list of recommended cigars
- your search results
- If you’re in a rush, you can simply click “Like this cigar”, but if you have a little bit more time please hit on “Enter tasting note”. Both entry types are taken into account by our Profile Advisor and recommendations, but entering tasting notes triggers Profile Advisor to show up for you and suggest you if any changes to your preferences are needed based on the cigars you’ve liked.
- You qualify for the contest prize if you entered a minimum of 15 unique quick rates or tasting notes between October 27th and November 30th, 2019.
- You get extra chances to win every time you share your opinion on Cigar Sense on your social media channels. Your post must be publicly visible on one of the social media channels in the footer of this page and must include our handle. Hint for posts:
In other words, share the love and we’ll continue standing for your consumer wants and rights.
Here is how the Cigar Sense Members’ Choice Awards work:
- Cigar Sense exists to serve our consumer members, hence we give primacy to what they like, not what we think of the cigars.
- The top cigar lists that we publish are simply what our members tell us they like throughout the 12 months ending 30 November 2019.
- Only premium members can provide feedback to us through our quick rate feature and tasting notes, meaning:
- this list is based on actions taken by committed users
- the members’ feedback represented in the Members’ Choice Awards is the same feedback that drives their recommendations, so they have an inherent motivation to be fair and honest
- Members’ choices are not focused on new releases, but simply whichever cigars members have told us they like. The ‘eligible’ cigars are all those recommended (meaning they passed an internal quality threshold) in our database
- As our panel does not ‘score’ cigars, we do not publish any scores here, only the ranking in terms of which cigars and brands have been liked the most by our members: the more unique members tell us they like the cigar, the higher the cigar and its brand are ranked
- We don’t sell cigars, we actually often purchase them at street price. We don’t sell advertising and have no sponsors. Our algorithm can in no way be tweaked to reflect positive relationships we might have with cigar companies and so our lists are not affected by any sales motive.
Cigar Sense predicts which cigars best fit your personal taste.
We are committed to preserve the highest objectivity, integrity and independence in the creation and dissemination of our analyses. This is why we do not sell cigars, nor ads. Here is the link to your free membership to get personalized cigar recommendations.