Episode 10 of Cigar Sense Podcast is dedicated to premium cigar advocacy.
Franca interviews Scott Pearce, Executive Director of the Premium Cigar Association, (PCA) which is the oldest and largest USA organization dedicated to advocating for premium tobacconists and hosts the world’s largest premium cigar trade show every year. The association was formerly known as IPCPR.
We discussed about:
- Where PCA originates and the state of affairs
- The strategic shift of expanding to a consumer base
- The PCA educational remit
- The FDA exception to deregulation efforts
- The use of public money raised to “save smokers from themselves”
- The inexistent correlation between the rigidity of bans and smoking rates
- The social inclusiveness issue
- The promising path toward achieving an intangible cultural heritage recognition
If you love them, protect them. The more we are, the stronger the fight will be.
Please join CigarAction to help protect premium cigars in the United States.
This podcast is brought to you by Cigar Sense founders and paid members.
With the free Cigar Sense membership, you can obtain personalized recommendations of cigars that best suit your unique individual tastes. In a few simple steps, you can see what your top cigar picks are from the thousands of cigars available on the market. You can also explore sensory and other cigar attributes as Cigar Sense helps you better understand what you like and dislike in a cigar.
Visit cigarsense.com and sign up for free today!
Be sure to subscribe to Cigar Sense Podcast so that you don’t miss a single episode, and while you’re at it, won’t you take a moment to write a short review and rate the show? It would be greatly appreciated!